If the Ember does not complete the firmware update, please ensure your Ember App is up to date. Then try pairing the Ember from scratch before attempting the update once more. To do this:
1. Reset the Ember. To do this, please hold the power button on the bottom of the mug for about 14 seconds until you see the LED flash red. At this point, please let go and allow the mug to pulse back to white.
2. Next, Remove the old connection from Bluetooth.
Go to settings.
Click on Connection
Click on Bluetooth
Locate the Ember Mug under Paired Devices
Click on the gear and then Un-pair.
1. Go to settings
2. Click on Bluetooth
3. Click on the Ember Mug information button
4. Forget this device
3. Re-open the Ember App. If the initial screen states “connect to your Ember” and there is an image of a mug, go ahead and hold down on the image of the mug. A pop up will appear asking if you’d like to remove the device - click “yes”
4. Press and hold the power button on the mug for 5-7 seconds until the blue flashing LED appears indicating that the Ember is now in pair mode. Then click “PAIR NEW DEVICE” and your device will begin to actively search for the mug
5. Once you select to pair with the "Ember mug" available, Bluetooth will request access, select “PAIR AND CONNECT” to connect. Once you've reconnected the Ember, please attempt the update once more.