The following steps will walk you through pairing your new Ember to ensure a secure connection. Please note the Ember is also fully functional without the Ember App and the temperature can be adjusted on the Travel Mug itself!
1. Please download the Ember App! This will be located in the App Store or Google Play Store and will be titled "Ember - Temperature Matters" Download here
2. Once downloaded, the Ember App will prompt you to "Select your Device", please select the Travel Mug. The App will then take you through some getting started steps. Please feel free to read these, or click skip in the lower right corner
3. Once you click skip, the Ember App will take you to a screen that says "Connect to your Ember." Since it is the first time pairing, directly below that, the Ember App will say "You have no Devices Paired" and "Pair New Device"*
4. On your Travel Mug², press and hold the power button on the bottom of the mug for 5 seconds until the display shows "PAIR" to indicate it is in pair mode. Then click “PAIR NEW DEVICE” and your device will begin to actively search for the mug
5. Your phone will show “SEARCHING” then “FOUND” when it finds your Travel Mug.
6. Press Connect and Pair to finish pairing process.
7. If you are pairing Ember for the first time, you can log in using your Google+, Facebook, or personal email address to create an Ember account.
8. Now that you're connected, you may give your Ember a custom name to add a personal touch!
*If you do have other Embers paired to your Ember App, you can locate these by swiping down on the home screen of the Ember App. This will show the current paired devices and provide the option to pair a new device.