Step 1: Confirm the Ember Mug is Powered ON
If you are experiencing difficulty reconnecting your Ember Mug to your mobile device please first confirm that your Ember is powered ON. You can ensure your mug is ready for use by giving it a light shake while off the charging coaster to move the internal accelerometer. This will illuminate the LED for a brief moment if the Ember is powered ON and ready to connect. If no LED activity is seen, giving the power button a single press will power on your Ember.
If your Ember LED is showing a solid RED, click here for next steps.
Step 2: Toggle Bluetooth
Turn the Bluetooth OFF on your mobile device from the bluetooth settings. After doing so, please allow at least 30 seconds in the OFF state before proceeding to turn ON the bluetooth connectivity. (Please note that toggling the bluetooth from the control center on iOS devices vs with the bluetooth settings will not successfully perform the proper procedures that need to be completed).
To ensure the connectivity is working, allowing the Bluetooth to completely power OFF and power back ON will assure a working connected device.
Step 3: Force close the Ember application
iPhone 8 or earlier
- Double-click the Home button to show your most recently uses apps.
- Swipe right or left to find the Ember app.
- Swipe up on the app's preview to close the Ember app.
- From the Home screen, swipe up and pause.
- Firmly touch and hold the app, then tap the red circle with the minus sign. You can also swipe up to close the app as soon as you see the red circle with the minus sign.
- Tap the Recent Apps key, which is left of the home button on your screen.
- Scroll up or down to see what's running and open.
- Swipe from the left or right to close apps or press close all to close all open apps.
- This will clear the app.
Step 4: Power off the Ember Mug and Power it back on
To power the Ember OFF, press and hold the power button located on the bottom of the Ember Mug for 4-5 seconds until the LED fades to OFF. You can confirm the Ember is fully powered OFF by giving it a light shake. If the Ember is still ON, the LED will illuminate when it detects movement.
Once the Ember is successfully powered OFF, proceed with powering the Ember back ON. To do so, press the same power button once and the LED will illuminate.
Step 5: Open Ember App
Once these steps are performed, proceed with opening the Ember application. Once the application is up, tap the Ember mug icon to re-initiate connection.
* Still experiencing difficulties? Click here for next steps!