*IMPORTANT UPDATE: After completing the steps below, be sure to update your mug to the latest software available! There are many fixes, including one that can impact continued connectivity after pairing. If you are on firmware before 271, this is especially important. For more information on how to update your mug, click here.
1. Download and launch the Ember app.
Note: You will not be able to pair the Ceramic Mug without downloading the Ember app. If you decide to not utilize the Ember App, the out of box set temperature for the Ember is 130°F (50°C).
On the Ember app
2. Proceed with pairing process steps and press +Pair New Device.
3. On your Ember mug, press and hold the power button on the base for 6-8 seconds until a blinking blue light appears. The blinking blue light is indicating that it is in pair mode.
4. Your phone will show “SEARCHING” then “FOUND” when it finds your Ceramic Mug.
5. Press Connect and Pair to finish pairing process.
6. If you are pairing Ember for the first time, you can log in using your Google+, Facebook, or personal email address to create an Ember account.
7. Now that you're connected, you may give your Ember a custom LED color to add a personal touch!
* Already paired and having trouble with your connectivity? Click here for next steps